Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ang Nawala Kong Identity . . .

My Lost Identity, translated to English by Quark


Nagising ako minsan sa nagtititiling si Lui.
(I woke up to Lui's shrill voice)

Nasaan daw ba ang collar ko, tanong niya.
(She wanted to know where my collar is)
Aba, ma-pa ko! (FYI, to some Pinoys: Sumo's ma-pa meant "malay ko" and "paki ko" which translates to I don't know and I don't care!)

Sabi ni Lui kapag wala daw akong collar, mukhang wala din daw akong identity! (Lui said I don't have an identity if I don't have my collar)

Aba, tinamaan ng kidlat! Aba, at kelan ba nakasalalay ang pagkatao, este, pagka-aso ko, sa dyaskeng collar na iyan! (Lightning strike! Since when did my identity relied on that collar!)


Ako si Sumo may collar man o wala. Hubo't hubad man, nariyan pa rin ang identity ko! Ano ka ba, Lui! (I am Sumo with or without my collar. Naked and all, my identity is intact! What's the matter with you Lui!)

Lui: The matter is, that I went crazy looking for your collar all day and Luchie found it stuck in the plants the next day!


Lui: You forgot where you left it and you do not have the power anymore to locate it, Sumo! See, you lost your senses, Sumo! Now go and watch your collar which I already scrubbed clean and left hanging to dry. . . and this time, make sure you better watch it well!


Kaya ayun, sa dinami-dami na puedeng pag-abalahan sa mundo, eto pa ang kapalaran ko! Pagbantayin ba naman ako ng collar! (So there I was. Of the many concerns troubling the world, there I was watching this collar! There goes my fate!)


At pag suot ko na iyang dyaskeng collar na iyan, aba, parang may identity nga ako! (And when I wear that collar, it actually feels like I found my identity!)

Waring gusto kong magsindak at takutin lahat na dumadaan! Waring gusrong kong mag-inarte para lang sabihing hoy, pansinin nyo ko! (Now I feel like scaring all the passersby. It feels like I wanted to act up as if to call attention to myself!)

Pero hindi naman identity ko iyan. (But that's not my identity)

At sa tutuo lang, sadyang nawala ko lang ang dyaskeng collar sa damuhan noong hinabol ko yung paru-paro. At iyan talaga ang nangyari pero yari ako kay Lui pag malaman niya na pinaglalaruan ko na naman ang bisita sa paligid namin! (And the truth is, I really lost my collar in the bushes when I chased the butterfly but Lui will nag me when she finds out I harass the visitors around us)

At iyan ang identity ko. Astig pero galante di ba?
(And that's my real identity. Cool and gallant right?)